See NASA’s future.
NASA has selected 15 proposals for study under Phase I of the NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC), a program that aims to turn science fiction into science fact through the development of pioneering technologies.
The NIAC program allows NASA to fund speculative projects with enough seed money to see if they can bear useful fruit.
This year’s have some really interesting titles I will have to read more about:
- Thirsty Walls – A new paradigm for air revitalization in life support
- A Tall Ship and a Star to Steer Her By
- In-Space Manufacture of Storable Propellants
- DEEP IN Directed Energy Propulsion for Interstellar Exploration
- Soft-Robotic Rover with Electrodynamic Power Scavenging
- CRICKET: Cryogenic Reservoir Inventory by Cost-Effective Kinetically Enhanced Technology
- APIS (Asteroid Provided In-Situ Supplies): 100MT Of Water from a Single Falcon 9
- CubeSat with Nanostructured Sensing…
View original post 11 more words